Search & apply for jobs
To ensure our success we need the best people to help us continue to deliver moments of delight for our customers.
We're often on the look out for new members of the team, so if you think you've got what it takes view our online job listings both here, and over the ditch.
Visit our online job search databases to check out opportunities at both Westpac New Zealand and Westpac Australia. New jobs are posted all the time.
You can also register your profile for future jobs, and we'll send you email alerts when suitable positions come through.
- Look for jobs at Westpac New Zealand
- Register your profile for the future
(simply fill in your user name and password, or click 'New User' and follow prompts)
- Look for jobs at Westpac Australia
The online application process
When you find a job of interest on our careers site, an application should take around 10 minutes:
- click the ‘apply online’ button on the jobs detail page
- new users will need to create a personal account with a username and password (you will need to use this info in future, should you return to the site)
- we’ll ask you for some basic personal details, and some questions related to the job (it's important to answer all the questions).
- you will also be required to attach a CV
- you can apply for more than one role
- you are welcome to send a job listing to someone else - simply click the ‘Send this job to a friend’ icon in the job description and enter their email details.
Once we have received your online application
- you’ll be contacted for further consideration if your skills match the job requirements
- if your application is unsuccessful we will ask if you would like to be emailed about future jobs
The information you provide will be treated confidentially and only used for employment purposes.
Please see the 'Careers at Westpac privacy statement' under the 'Privacy, Terms and Conditions' tab above.
Prior to placing your personal information with Westpac, please acknowledge that you understand and accept the following Privacy statement and Terms and Conditions of Use for Careers at Westpac website.
The Job Search and Your Profile online applications on the Careers at Westpac site are built and hosted on Westpac’s behalf by Taleo Corporation. All information provided is collected, processed and stored on Westpac’s behalf by Taleo. Taleo will not rent, sell, trade or distribute any user’s personal information to any other third party. Information collected will be solely for use by Westpac for the purpose of recruitment.
Collection of personal information
Westpac may request personal information from you, or from persons you authorise Westpac to contact in connection with the online job application and candidate profile sections of this Site. Westpac may also create personal information about you based on that collected information. For the purposes of this Careers at Westpac Site, personal information may include:
- Your resume;
- Your profile about matters such as your career preferences;
- Your academic transcripts;
- Notes about interviews you have had for a specific job vacancy at Westpac;
- The results of any tests you sit for a specific job vacancy at Westpac;
- Notes about references provided by persons you have authorised to give references to Westpac.
Use of personal information
All personal information about you will be held by Westpac’s Recruitment Team solely for the purpose of assessing any job application, or linking you with career opportunities at Westpac. This information is held in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use for the Careers at Westpac Site - as detailed below.
Access and correction rights
Westpac will hold your personal information securely, and in compliance with the Privacy Act 1993. You may request access to, and correction of, your personal information held by Westpac’s Recruitment Team, subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
Please address all such requests in writing to: The System’s Administrator, Westpac Recruitment Team, PO Box 934, Auckland, New Zealand or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may, at any time, with the exception of information pertaining specifically to a successful application for employment with Westpac (which will have become part of your employee records), instruct Westpac’s Recruitment Team to delete all your personal information held by it, by emailing email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of Use for 'Careers at Westpac' Website
Your use of the services available on the Careers at Westpac Site must be in accordance with these terms and conditions. Use of these online services, and the supply of your personal information signify both your acknowledgement and acceptance of the following:
1. Information you provide must be complete and accurate. By registering on this Site, you have the ability to regularly check and update your personal information. Westpac is relying on you to ensure the personal information on your profile is up to date, accurate and not misleading.
2. If for any reason you do not fully complete an online job application, the information you've provided will be held for no more than three months at which time your job application and candidate profile will be deleted. You may also, at any time, instruct Westpac's Recruitment Team to delete your application and candidate profile by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will be asked, as part of the completion of your candidate profile, whether you want to be advised, by email, of future job opportunities at Westpac that may match your job preferences and interests. If you do choose to receive these email notifications, you will be asked to confirm your interest in a particular job prior to Westpac’s Recruitment Team providing any information about you, to a prospective Westpac Recruiting Manager.
4. Westpac’s Recruitment Team will only contact and collect personal information about you from any former employer, or other person you have nominated as a referee, when specifically authorised by you in relation to a particular job you are being considered for.
5. Any third party contracted by Westpac to help process, manage and store personal information will be subject to a strict confidentiality agreement with Westpac to protect the information.
6. If you accept an offer of employment with Westpac, your resume, profile, academic transcript and any other personal information obtained about you during the interview process for the employment position you have accepted, will become part of your Westpac employee records. Westpac will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 in all dealings with this personal information.
7. If you obtain employment at Westpac on the basis of information that proves to be intentionally misleading or inaccurate, this may be grounds for dismissal
New Zealand law
This Site has been prepared in accordance with, and is governed by, New Zealand law, and the New Zealand courts have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to it. If you are accessing this Site from outside New Zealand, you do so on your own responsibility and are responsible for compliance with all laws in the country in which you are located.