Online Banking services
With Online Banking, you can do your day-to-day banking anywhere. All you need is Internet access to view and manage your bank accounts.
Exciting changes in Online Banking are coming to a screen near you. We've created a brand-new online banking experience with new capabilities and features that are the same across all your devices. Find out more here.
- it gives you control of your accounts whenever and wherever you want it
- it’s easy to use
- it’s free to join
- view your balances, see your transactions and download your transaction information.
- it’s free to set up details of people you wish to pay online
- if you have a smartphone, or other wireless device you can also have Mobile Online Banking.
- you don’t need traditional paper statements – it’s all available online
- use a variety of payment methods to pay your friends, pay your bills, contribute to Kiwisaver or pay your Tax.
- open a new account, set up a term deposit or apply for a Debit MasterCard online.
- view your Westpac KiwiSaver balance online.
Access to your accounts and credit cards
- see balance and limit information for all your transactions and savings accounts, term investments, loans, KiwiSaver and credit cards
- see your bank account history as far back as December 1996
- view your Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme balance and transactions (once account has been open three months)
- see your credit card history as far back as seven years
- access PDF copies of all your past statements
- you can download your transactions into Excel or your finance management application
Move money between your accounts
- transfer money between Westpac accounts, including your Westpac credit card account. You’ll see the transfer results online straight away (credit cards will take one business day for your limit to update, but your available funds changes immediately)
- plan transfers for future dates
- view your planned transfers up to six months in advance
Pay a bill or make a tax payment
- pay the plumber, the babysitter – anyone with a NZ bank account. If they bank with Westpac, they'll see the payment immediately.
- pay bills online such as the power, phone, gas, hire purchases, and the IRD. If they bank with Westpac, they'll see the payment immediately.
- make payments immediately or plan a future payment
- view your planned payments up to six months in advance
- save someone’s account details if you are likely to pay them again
We have over 2,000 pre-registered billers listed (or you can set up your own manually) and over 25 IRD tax types are available for online payment.
Open a new account
You may be able to:
· Open a new individual or joint everyday transaction, savings or term deposit^ account online. See how to open an account online.
^ Conditions apply. To open a new Term Deposit you’ll need to have either an existing Term Deposit or an account in your name online. In some cases, further documentation may be required.
· Apply for a new Debit MasterCard.
Some conditions apply
· Apply to join or transfer to the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme
Some conditions apply
- set up regular payments between your own accounts
- set up regular payments to other NZ bank accounts
- amend, suspend or cancel your automatic payments
Loans and overdrafts
- view the current balance of loan or overdraft
- see the current interest rate
- find the next repayment date and amount
- see the fixed rate expiry date (if applicable) and interest rate history
- see details of where account payments are made from
- view the details online
- reinvest your deposit when its due to mature
- change your deposits maturity instructions
- open a new Term Deposit online^^
^^ Conditions apply. To open a new Term Deposit you’ll need to have either an existing Term Deposit or an account in your name online. In some cases, further documentation may be required.
See your hotpoints®
If you have a hotpoints® Westpac credit card and have registered for Online Banking you can:
- view your hotpoints® balance online
- redeem your hotpoints® into your chosen reward/voucher
In some cases you may not be able to open a new account online as further information may be required.
Email and txt alerts
Email and txt alerts let you know what's going on with your banking, and when.*
Email alerts are free, while with txt alerts you can receive 10 free txts each month. After that, txts cost 25c each to receive.
Please note Skinny mobile customers are unable to receive Westpac txt alerts or use Westpac's txt banking facility.
*Your mobile service provider’s normal txt charges apply when you send a txt requesting your bank account balances or a money transfer. Please contact your provider for details of their fees and charges. Learn more here.
You can access Online Banking via any modern internet browser anywhere in the world.
Bank while you're mobile
If you have a smart phone you can use our new Mobile Online Banking.
Otherwise, if you register your mobile phone number for 'Banking on your mobile services', you can access:
- txt banking
- txt alerts
- the means to reset your Online Banking password through the new Online Guardian Challenge Service
Online Banking kiosks in branches
Access your Westpac Online Banking when you’re away from home at an Online Banking Kiosk. These are available in many of our branches around the country including:
Albany, Ashburton, Barrington, Bayfair, Dargaville, Dunedin, Epsom, Ferrymead, Glenfield, Gore, Hastings, Highland Park, Hornby, Huapai, Kaiapoi, Lincoln Road, Lower Hutt, Mangere, Manurewa, Cashel Mall, Nelson, New Plymouth, Newmarket, North End, North Harbour, Onehunga, Palmerston North, Papakura, Papamoa, Papanui, Paraparaumu, Porirua, Queenstown, Rangiora, Remuera, Richmond, Riccarton, Rotorua, Wellington
BT Funds Management (NZ) Limited is the scheme provider and Westpac New Zealand Limited is the distributor, of the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme.
The information above is subject to changes to government policy and law, and changes to the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme from time to time.
Investments made in the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme (Scheme) do not represent bank deposits or other liabilities of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, Westpac New Zealand Limited or other members of the Westpac group of companies. They are subject to investment and other risks, including possible delays in payment of withdrawal amounts in some circumstances, and loss of investment value, including principal invested. None of BT Funds Management (NZ) Limited (as manager), any member of the Westpac group of companies, The New Zealand Guardian Trust Company Limited (as trustee), or any director or nominee of any of those entities, or any other person guarantees the Scheme’s performance, returns or repayment of capital.